Wednesday 22 March 2017

One strong moment.


This was the moment I announced my pregnancy to my outer circle. I was already 4 months gone, had my first scan to gaze at every day for two weeks previous, yet it had taken me all that time to get to my one strong moment. It even came with a whole 'power to me, single mumma' caption, because I felt the need to validate myself.

I'd like to say that in the time since then I have gained all the confidence in the world, in myself and my parenting, but it wouldn't be true. The truth is I spend most of my time trying to get to these strong moments and they never seem to be around when I need them!

Finding my feet is a work in progress, it's hard to find your village when you're often too anxious to leave the house, but that's what this is all about, part reflection and part pushing forward - and 100% honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment