Friday 7 April 2017

Sun's Out, Mum's Out


It's frustrating but I have to acknowledge it, I do much better when the sun is shining. If the weather is grey I can easily sink into a pattern of only leaving the house when I need food or some kind person notices and drags me out. It leaves me stir crazy and with so many guilty feelings for trapping my son indoors. The sun has been shining for 2 weeks now and we've been out every day.

It's not been easy as such, just much easier. We just walk - or in Grayson's case trike - along the cycle track behind our house, alongside a nature reserve and across the streets, stopping at the ruins of a local nunnery so that he can burn off some energy each day. It makes me feel less lonely even though I'm not specifically making any effort to see people, there's always people about. And that's enough sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment